Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Acoustic Consultant/Senior Consultant/Principal Consultant
at RSK Group
- Contract Type
- Coventry or Hemel Hempstead
- £competitive salary
The RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy, servicing a wide range of clients in the oil, gas, property and manufacturing sectors. We have offices across Britain, Ireland, Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
The company now has exciting opportunities for a Consultant and Senior level Acousticians to join the team to assist the continued growth of this part of the RSK Group portfolio of services. The team are currently working on a number of exciting projects and providing support to the rail and renewable sector, power and energy, and mixed use developments.
RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
We are growing fast, providing excellent opportunities for advancement and growth for the right individuals.
Acoustic Consultant / Senior Consultant / Principal Consultant – Hemel Hempstead, Coventry
The role will involve assisting with data collection (noise and vibration surveys), processing and data analysis, computational noise modelling (SoundPlan, CadnaA and CATT), project management, business development and preparation of reports and tenders connected with noise and vibration assessments. You will work on a wide range of projects, taking responsibility for specific aspects of projects and leading and undertaking contract administration on small to medium sized projects.
You will work on a wide range of projects involving travel around the UK and potentially overseas. The work will also involve some night-time and weekend tasks (for which time off in lieu would be accrued).
You must be prepared to travel to site regularly to undertake site surveys and supervise works. As such a full driving licence is essential.
You will be enthusiastic, willing to take part in a variety of projects and areas of work, and keen to further your career and expertise in a supportive multi-disciplinary practice. You will also need to be:
- Comfortable with using Excel to undertake data processing tasks
- Numerate, as noise and vibration work will require regular use of mathematical formulae
- Computer literate and be able to quickly adapt to using bespoke software packages
- Experience with both building and environmental acoustics would be desirable
- Experience of using different sound level meters
- Experience with vibration monitoring would be beneficial
- Computer modelling experience (preferably with CadnaA, CATT or SoundPlan)
- 3+ years of experience Consultant, 5+ years Senior, 8+ years Principal
- AMIOA or MIOA essential
- Degree in Acoustics or related subject
- Good IT and organisation skills are essential
- Ability to communicate with peers, colleagues, clients and general public.
- Competent technical report writing skills
- Ability to operate independently
Salary and benefits:
- £competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying.
For more information please call Harriet Baker, HR Advisor on 02476 505600 or email email@example.com.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.