Pawtucket Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teller - Part-Time - 30 Hours
at Pawtucket Credit Union
- 17-Sep-2018 to 16-Nov-2018 (EST)
- North Kingstown, RI, USA
- $12.00 - $14.09
- Part Time
Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) has the following employment opportunity:
Job Category: Part-Time-30 Hours - North Kingstown
Provide prompt, courteous, and helpful service to Credit Union members on a consistent basis; requires high level of knowledge of available services to answer or to refer questions properly. This employee is in the training phase until one year of employment has passed or longer, if the employee has not mastered all of the basic essential Teller functions.
- Always ensure that the teller station is ready to receive members, that the cash drawer is in place, and that all cash is properly recorded.
- Process all member transactions accurately and promptly; these include withdrawals, deposits, check cashing, loan payments, treasurer checks, inquiries, and money orders. Perform member transactions discretely and confidentially.
- Ensure all Credit Union policies regarding transactions processing (e.g., number and type of ID's) are fully carried out.
- Utilize all opportunities to cross-sell products and services and to promote various PCU products in a professional and positive manner.
- Must meet required sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Prepare cash for the buying and selling of vault cash.
- Assist preparation of daily check deposit and filming process.
- As applicable, perform operational and clerical duties involved with ATM proof.
- Maintain full awareness of other member services functions so as to be able to direct member to proper person/department.
- Settle cash drawer at end of business, research over/shorts as needed.
- Maintain professionalism during all interactions with members.
- Provide assistance to others and to other departments as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; use left and right hands for fine manipulation to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; be able to read and write; have numerical comprehension. The employee is occasionally required to walk,stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift and carry weighted objects of up to 10 pounds; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/EQUIPMENT: This position requires that the individual be able to abide by the behavioral expectations (code of conduct) as delineated in theemployee handbook. Examples of these behavioral expectations include but are not limited to: safety, drug and alcohol, sexual and other harassment, absenteeism, sick leave policies, etc. This position requires that the individual be able to comport him/herself in an appropriate manner maintaining courteous and effective interactions and communications with other employees and/or customers. The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: General office/Banking environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The equipment used isgeneral office bank equipment and PC.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated successful prior experience in same or similar position.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and maintain member focused service and appearance.
- Must be capable of learning new and changed procedures and methods.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented and have an accurate and timely performance of duties.
- Capable of operating office equipment including basic computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Bi-lingual helpful.