Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Specialist, Providence, RI
at NuVasive, Inc.
Are you an A Player? Do you work hard to deliver outstanding results? Are you passionate about transforming lives of others and making an impact? If so, why not consider a position with NuVasive?
Who are we? NuVasive® is an innovative medical device company focused on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. The Company is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world. Join our team of “A Players” and help change spine surgery as a $1 billion Start-up™.
- Publicly traded on the NASDAQ (ticker: NUVA), NuVasive has a history of consistently meeting or beating Wall Street expectations.
- Headquartered in beautiful San Diego, CA - America’s Finest City.
- Consistently ranked as one of the “best places to work” in San Diego.
- NuVasive has an incredibly rich and unique corporate culture.
Why should you join NuVasive?
- Being a $1 billion start-up allows us to capitalize on the nimbleness and agility, as well as a very strong defined culture, while also tapping the resources that a $685 million company provides. We’re lucky in the fact that we get to live in the best of both business worlds.
- Less than ½ of a percent of start-ups make it to $500 million, and less than a ¼ of a percent make it to $1 billion. We are lucky and blessed, and have been wildly successful with 47 up quarters and going from $0 to $685 million in only 13 years. With MIS spine surgery just surpassing 30% of global spine market share, we have barely scratched the surface. Despite a flat $6 billion US market, we are continuing to climb at 11% revenue growth.
- We have over 1600 shareowners in 25+ countries, and additional countries on our short-term road map. With revenue growth at 11%, and Operating Margins at over 15%, we are a great place to start or accelerate your career, and have a huge impact.
The essential functions are:
Responsible for achieving the sales revenue and product mix requirements for the territory.
- Accelerate revenue and market penetration for all products in the territory while driving the development of relationships with key spine surgeon customers.
- Conduct key marketing activities such as peer-to-peer spine surgeon events and visiting surgeon programs that espouse the values of our foundation technologies. Additionally, sell the virtues of the Marquis Visit Program to customer targets in order to educate and drive usage of NuVasive products and procedures.
Execute the sales plan and thoughtfully produce monthly and quarterly updates to the plan and review process.
- Acquire clinical competency skills with all NuVasive products to assure role of sales expert in an elite sales force. Surgical case coverage is required, with the goal of providing the highest degree of value to surgeon and patient.
Do you have what it takes?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two to three years medical device experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Spinal device experience preferred.
Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs. Competency in navigating the Internet.
- Ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and/or concrete variables.
- Valid state driver's license required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
You might be a fit if you are…
Intelligent & Quick Thinking
Honest, Loyal & Builds Trust
Outstanding Performance Standards
Self-Driven to Achieve Results & Stretch Goals
Always Helpful & Delivers Solution-Oriented Customer Focus
Absolutely Responsive with Accountable Ownership
Innovative & Resourceful
Passionate, Influential & Fun-Loving
Feels “Lucky” with “Attitude of Gratitude”
We value every employee and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big, big, really big things with us.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- Charity events including Golf tournaments, Grill and Cook-Offs
- Our own company band, ZZ Spot!
- Friendly department competitions in: Corn Hole Toss, Soap Box Derbies, Spinal Jeopardy, NuVa Wood Squares
- Our annual Cheetah Ball, a company celebration, recognizing our accomplishments and to get excited about the coming year
- Onsite Gym with yoga, personal training, boot camps, cycling, Zumba and more!
- Premier Café on site in San Diego
Awards and Accolades:
- Ranked No.1 by Deloitte as the Fastest Growing Technology Company in North America in 2005
- Ranked in Top 500 Fastest Growing Technology Companies 2005 - 2012
- Ranked #2 San Diego Best Places to Work 2010
- San Diego Business Journal Best Places to Work finalist 2011, 2012
- San Diego Business Journal Healthiest Companies finalist in 2011, 2012
- Ranked # 6 New Jersey’s Best Place To Work 2012
- Orthopedics This Week Top Ten Best New Spine Technologies for 2012 Thoracolumbar Care
- Orthopedics This Week Top Ten Best New Spine Technologies for 2010 Minimally Invasive Care
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or protected veteran status.