Cardis Furniture & Mattresses
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Furniture Sales Professional - West Warwick RI - Full Time
at Cardis Furniture & Mattresses
SALES POSITIONS ARE GUARANTEED INCOME!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A REWARDING POSITION WITH EXCEPTIONAL INCOME OPPORTUNITY?
We make it easy to sell by offering the widest selection of product, at the best prices with award winning customer service.
Come and join our team and sell home furnishings for the leading furniture retailer in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
Part-Time Sales Positions
As a part-time sales associate, you can work a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE that includes weekday nights and one or two weekend days/nights BASED ON YOUR LIFESTYLE.
You can earn a potential of $40.00 per hour.
Full-Time Sales Positions
As a full-time sales associate, you have an earning potential of $70,000 to $110,000 annually, depending on your performance and drive to succeed.
You are always guaranteed an income, and the more you sell, the more you make.
Primary purpose is to win each day by delivering extraordinary service and value to each customer, every day. A Furniture Sales Professional is responsible for producing favorable outcomes for all customers, fellow team members, the company and the communities we serve. A Furniture Sales Professional is accountable for reaching individual and company goals and objectives.
To deliver an exceptional guest experience in a retail environment through relationship selling thus maximizing sales opportunities and delivering profitable sales.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Written and delivered sales
- Written sales per hour worked
- Net average written sale
- Cardi’s Furniture Protection Plan (CFPP) close rate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets or exceeds monthly and annual sales goals and works with sales manager to build plans for improvement areas
- Maximizes every customer opportunity by following the Cardi’s selling process (i.e. establishing a relationship, providing accurate product solutions, suggestive selling, closing techniques and customer follow up).
o Greets guests in showroom in a timely, friendly, non-pressure and professional manner.
o Informs that customer of the benefits of purchasing from Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses.
o Determines guest needs.
o Presents and demonstrates products that fit the needs of the guest. Uses sketching to assist the guest visualize and make buying decision.
o Informs all guests about our outstanding services, including Decorating Solutions.
o Handles questions and objections.
o Asks for the sale and for guest information if the guest decides not to purchase at that time.
o Carries out small items to customer’s vehicle whenever store traffic allows.
o Sends thank you cards to all customers who made a purchase and makes post sale follow up calls.
o Sends thank you cards to all who do not purchase and make post follow up calls /e-mails to prospect with customers.
o Contacts guests who do not buy regarding special promotions, new or additional products that fit their needs.
- Reviews all documents for completeness and accuracy. Reviews all sales that are scheduled for pick-up or delivery to ensure accurate completion of the process. Reviews all sales for back ordered items so that customers receive all products as soon as possible.
- Answers all incoming calls /e-mails within one half hour of receipt of same (when not with a customer). Provides customers with the information they request. Informs customers of our products and services. Encourages customers to visit our showrooms or website. Reviews voice and e-mail boxes regularly and returns calls/e-mails within one half hour of receipt.
- Assists guests in finance application process and completion of associated finance documents.
- Understands current finance promotions and accurately communicates them to customers.
- Educates self on all company products, services and procedures. Remains aware of all competitive products, prices, finance offers and services. Shops competitors in person quarterly and virtually on web as needed and minimally weekly
- Hyannis – carries product to the store sidewalk.
- Must comply with professional dress requirement.
- Follows company guidelines on floor rules.
- Complies with security and confidentiality company policies, including when communicating with vendor reps in store.
- Frequently utilizes tools to improve Key Results Areas
- Works closely with other associates to help maximize sales and customer service. Mentors new sales associates.
- Participates in showroom and common areas maintenance (vacuuming, dusting, price tag upkeep, etc.) and ongoing showroom recovery and merchandising.
- Actively participates in training and sales meetings; applies learning to improve performance. Attends, views and participates in NIROPE TV daily.
- Acts as an ambassador for Cardi’s Furniture; implements creative ideas for additional business by networking and prospecting, including social media.
- Maintains high level of competency in company systems, sales order entry accuracy.
- Must cover satellite stores when needed.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner; direct callers to the appropriate person or take accurate messages as needed.
- Reports promptly errors found to management and assists, if necessary, in resolving the errors.
- Provides feedback to management for possible improvements.
- Assists with training and development of other associates, including on-the-job training for new associates.
- Participates in training sessions, which will improve and reinforce own knowledge and skills.
- Attend department / company meetings as required.
- Provides total customer satisfaction through interaction, cooperation and working with associates and managers in all departments. This includes translating with non-English speaking customers if able.
- Complies with all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Reports to management potential safety issues, hazards or violations.
- Assists in maintaining security by reporting suspicious activity to management.
- Perform other functions as needed and required.
- Embraces change by supporting and championing organizational change initiatives.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of role functions.
This position has no management / supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required.
• Proficiency in computer technology related to position (including the ability to use Internet, Microsoft Office Products, Digital Camera, etc).
• Outstanding customer service skills and professional presentation.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated room planning and design skills (manual and computerized).
• Project management, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow leadership instructions and work effectively with others.
• Maintain confidentiality in regard to customer and company information.
• Must be able to distinguish and differentiate visible elements of design such as color, patterns, etc.
• Job Knowledge
• Work Quality / Work Quantity
• Customer Focus
• Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
• Communication / Active Listening
• Accountability / Integrity
• Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
• Emotional Stability / Adaptability
• Emotional Intelligence
• Organization / Time Management
• Achievement Motivation
• Monetary Motivation
• Extraversion / Outgoing
• General Cognitive Ability
• Sales Skills
o Product Knowledge
o Rapport Building
o Comfortable Talking About Money
o Qualification Questioning
o Objection Prevention
o Objection Handling
o Gaining Commitment
o Closing Techniques
o Post-Sale Relationship Management
o Consistent, Effective Prospecting
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work performed in a store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopies and fax machines. Use of personal cell phone for customer contact and follow up and personal computer tablet for room sketching.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to view, see, manipulate and handle product to demonstrate to customers. The employee continuously walks or stands on the store’s showroom floor. Stands for extended periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and required to lift and carry small items up to 30 pounds, such as lamps, etc.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Flexible schedule (evenings, weekends, holidays and key days required).
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
Previous experience in a sales or customer service environment preferred but not required. Working knowledge of a commission paid working environment is preferred but not required.