Anvil International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Anvil International, Inc.
Job Summary: Operate, adjust and make simple set ups on shears and saws. Conduct all activities in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and regulations.
Primary Functional Responsibilities:
- Perform repetitive sawing, shearing or abrasive cutting on ferrous and non-ferrous material such as channel, angle, bar, rod, pipe material and component parts.
- Work from operation traveler, prints and oral instructions to obtain specified material and required tools.
- Clean away chips and oil and check dimensions using plug, thread, scale and tape against print specifications.
- Deburr and clean off parts
- Run/inspect first piece and production parts as required and make adjustments until part is machined within specifications.
- Capable of performing first piece and in-process inspections.
- Use crane, dollies and carts to obtain and return material to and from storage area and move completed job to next operation.
- Use various measuring devices to ensure work is to print specification including, but not limited to, coordinate measuring machine, machinist square, micrometers, verniers, thread and plug gauges.
- Store all tooling, inserts and additional point-of-use items in an organized manner, in drawers, on work bench etc. with proper labels, color coding, floor marking or other identifying mechanism.
- Maintain work area as well as machines, tools, and equipment to meet program requirements.
- Performs all job functions in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Identify and assist in remediation of any and all safety hazards in the work place.
- Perform other duties as directed by Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to use measuring equipment such as measuring tapes, verniers and calipers, and read gauges.
- Must be able to be certified to operate a forklift and use hoists to pick up heavy parts.
- General computer skills
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated understanding of and ability to interpret blueprints and sketches.
Mathematical Skills: Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply all basic shop math functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read and understand both written and oral instructions, e.g. operation travelers, safety notices and rules, operating and maintenance instructions, etc.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; bend; walk; balance; crouch; use hand/fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; reach above/below shoulder; turn head sideways, up and down; good eye/hand/foot dexterity; climb ladders/stairs; and talk or hear. The employee must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, mid-range vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Annual eye examinations may be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capable of standing while operating equipment up to 12 hours daily
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Willing to work any shift as necessary
Work Environment: The work environment is representative of those in a standard machine shop environment including extreme cold and heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment consists of a number of assembly, hot form, torch cutting, welding and machine shop areas. While the Company makes every effort to reduce and eliminate all safety hazards, this type of environment does involve safety hazards, which require extra care on the part of the employee. Such hazards include, but are not limited to: moderate to high pressure test gases, high electrical voltages; chemicals; and sharp objects, such as might be generated around machine tools. The noise in the work environment is moderate to high. Temperature extremes are regulated, but not as closely as typical indoor offices. Personal protection equipment is provided.
All employees are expected to perform at the required level and demonstrate the Company Core Values:
- Treat Each Other with Respect
- Build Relationships
- Promote a Culture of Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Foster a Safe and Environmentally Responsible Culture
- Act with Integrity – Do the Right Thing
- Deliver Exceptional Results
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and 1 - 3 years of experience in a machine shop environment.